Blackhorse provides a range of healthy hot and cold school meals each day which are completely free to all the children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. For all other children the cost is £2.25 per day (£11.25 per week). Meals need to be paid in advance via the Arbor App, details of which can be found on the online payments page.
Each day the children can choose from the following (all with access to the salad bar):
- A traditional/ vegetarian hot meal;
- A baked potato with a daily choice of fillings (Cheese, Tuna, Baked Beans)
- A traditional/ vegetarian school packed lunch (Cheese or Ham/chicken roll, Fruit, juice, vegetable sticks & healthy biscuit).
See the menu link below for details.
Aspens Menu Term 1 2021
Special Diet Form
Do you think your child may be entitled to free school meals?
This is not the same as the Universal Free School Meals provided by the Government for Children in Reception, Year 1 & Year 2.
Pupil Premium funding is extra money paid direct to schools for each child who is eligible for free school meals due to the household being on a low income. It is used to support your child’s education by funding valuable support like extra tuition, additional teaching staff or after school activities.
Under current rules, your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
It is easy to apply online by going to: http://www.southglos.gov.uk/advice-and-benefits/benefits/free-school-meals/