Being an Engineer: Computing
Being an Engineer: Computing at Blackhorse
At Blackhorse, we seek to prepare our children to be ready for the digital world of tomorrow by providing a strong and challenging computing curriculum, which has an emphasis on coding and computer programming.
The computing curriculum covers the following areas:
- Coding and Computer Programming (at least two units per year from Y1 - Y6)
- Data Handling
- Research and Communication
- Creative Media (video, animation and sound)
- E-Safety (also see PSHE curriculum and being a philosopher)
- Computer Modelling and Simulations
These areas are often enhanced with computing in our different enquiries from Year 1 to Year 6.